We Are Manufacturer Of This Flux:
- Casting Powder forms a good lubricating film on the surface of mould not allowing solidifying metal adhesion to the mould.
- Casting Powder provides easy and fast solidification of metal by providing high rate heat removal from metal.
- Casting Powder gives very good performance at elevated temperatures with the aid of its well selected additives.
- Casting Powder increases the quality of metal surface.
- Casting Powder is cheaper than Rapeseed/Casting Oil.
- CaO% : 30 – 35
- SiO2 % : 33 – 40
- Al2O3 % : 8 – 10
- Na2O/K2O % : 4 – 6
- C free% : 5 – 7
How It Works Casting Powder contains low melting constituents that instantly generate liquid slag, which penetrates into the gap between the mould and the solidifying shell of the billet. Casting Powder is added in small amounts and continuously over the casting duration. The melting of the Casting Powder occurs slowly in layers. Hence, the top surface of the liquid metal in the billet / slab / bloom always remains protected from the atmosphere.
Uses : Traditionally Casting Powder is used for bloom and slab casting. Now, it is used for billet (open) casting also as an alternative to mould oil for some plants.